Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Promotion of Conceptual Model

Personally, I believe that we have an opportunity to "lower the bar" (raise
the standard) for publishing web standards by including UML, _fully
explained_, in the body of the standard itself.  I would like to think that
the towering intellect evidenced in the XTM AG would better be served by
making it clear that standards documents ought to be as thorough as ours
would thus be. Of course, so much for an 'N' page limit, but that's awfully
arbitrary, anyway.

Jack

From: Michel Biezunski <mb@infoloom.com>

> > I think it is critical that the model be in the main part of the
> > spec. This,
> > as steve said, is the isness, the essence of what XTM is. It
anambiguously
> > conveys what the syntax represents.
>
> We still need to get a clear prose explanation of the model, which fully
> expresses
> the "unambiguousness" and the exact relation with all pieces of the
syntax.
> This is what we are expecting you to provide to us. The UML slides are not
> enough.
> We need more explanations, to make this available to a wider audience than
> the
> XTM group.
>
> We'll have to deal with the "self-explanatory" character of the syntax
> until we get this written down. We'll publish whatever we would have been
> able to get
> and review in 15 days from now.
>
> Michel

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not
the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies
of the message and its attachments and notify postmaster@verticalnet.com
immediately.

eLerts