Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Promotion of Conceptual Model

> [Kal Ahmed:]
> > Anyway, what is wrong with a separate Conceptual Model document ?
> > It speaks to a different audience and serves a different purpose

[steve]

> The stated purpose of Topicmaps.Org is to serve the public interest.
> Let's actually serve the public interest

It seems the desire is for 1.0 to be as ubiquitous as HTML and as
exhaustively specified as HyTime. Which one served the public interest
better? (I'm inclined to answer HTML, though I don't know how this will
net out over time.)

Life is full of compromises. I'd be inclined to go with Kal. "At the
end of the day," only the perception of simplicity leads to adoption,
and only adoption leads to ubiquity.

S.

=====
<!-- "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
     - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations -->

http://calendar.yahoo.com/