Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Identified Objects vs Conceptual Subjects [Re : Formal semantics ...]

I'm using Formal Semantics here in the usual sense in computer science. Simply,
a mathematical structure, mapped to the form (syntax) of a notation, which says
something significant (hopefully useful...!) about that notation. There's a
comprehensive survey in the "Handbook of Logic in Computer Science", vols 3 &
4.

Sorry to be pedantic, but I don't think we have much time to spend on
speculative rehashing of definitions....

Cheers

Ann W.