Subject: [xtm-wg] ANNOUNCE: update of XTM repository home page (new DTD, new spec, links)

Busy day here.

  The XTM Repository web page:
    http://www.doctypes.org/xtm/home.html
  The XTM 0.9 Draft Specification:
    http://www.doctypes.org/xtm/1.0/index.html

Following a lengthy teleconference we figured out how to solve in syntax
the decision in Dallas regarding 'isSubject' and 'describesSubject'. There's
an ongoing gummy bear competition to come up with better names for the
two element types, <subjectRef> and <subjectDescriptorRef>, the idea being
the names must be accurate and short.

The XTM repository site has been updated with a link to the new DTD.

There is a Revisions document where I hope to keep track of changes:

   http://www.doctypes.org/xtm/revisions.html

(there's always been a link to this at the bottom of the home page)

Please read Annex H: Editorial Requirements and Author Submission
Guidelines. I've also fixed some broken links and hacked the
Terminology section a bit for political correctness. We still need
a lot of help here, folks.

On a very positive note, I've got a new boss here at Sun. Not that I
was unhappy with the old one, but I now have someone very directly
involved in keeping me happy (as she says). Well, part of this included
taking a half hour at the whiteboard describing topic maps and what
we've been doing in XTM, and come tomorrow I may have a programmer
working with me on an implementation! Yippee! I think there's a fair
amount of enthusiasm brewing here (if I have anything to do with it,
I'll talk their ears off -- I've become sort of an evangelist here).

Now off to do some laundry. Perhaps I can get my hand jammed in
the washer spindle...

Murray

Murray Altheim, SGML/XML Grease Monkey     <mailto:altheim&#64;eng.sun.com>
XML Technology Center
Sun Microsystems, 1601 Willow Rd., MS UMPK17-102, Menlo Park, CA 94025

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu