Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] The Linear Topic Map notation

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> Hi Murray,
>
> * Murray Altheim
> |
> | I've already downloaded a copy of this text and incorporated it into
> | the web site. If you'd rather have a link than the actual file, let
> | me know and I'll replace it.
>
> I don't mind, but since it will be updated in the future it may be
> easier for you to just link.
>
> | BTW, last night as a recreation I began a Java LTM-to-XTM converter.
>
> Great! I'm really happy to see that someone liked it.
>
> I would be happy to look at the source if you want someone to do
> that. (Hint hint :)

Well, yesterday for the first time I got some very positive feedback
from my new manager, and I think Sun might begin working on an implemen-
tation, which would be part of an endeavour we have here to push much
of our internal stuff as an Alphaworks-like site. I'm pretty sure that
if we do an implementation (which hasn't been determined yet, but looks
good so far), that it would be open source. I think anything that we
do would be distributed along with that, so I'm thinking the LTM
processor might simply be a part of the distribution.

I haven't spent more than one evening yet on the LTM processor, so it's
hardly in a state to share, but I certainly would be willing to do so
once it gets a bit farther along. If you want to help out I don't see
any reason not to when both time and circumstance permit. Ie., you need
to give me a bit more time to get this functional, even minimally
functional.

But in short, I'm glad to work with you on this.

Murray

Murray Altheim, SGML/XML Grease Monkey     <mailto:altheim&#64;eng.sun.com>
XML Technology Center
Sun Microsystems, 1601 Willow Rd., MS UMPK17-102, Menlo Park, CA 94025

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu

eLerts