Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] Promotion of Conceptual Model

[james mason]
> What's most important, though, is clear prose in the body, explaining
> how to assemble use the various parts of an X Topic Map. What gets
> presented in DC needs to be almost created as much with marketing in
> mind as technical purity. That's not to say that it should be a
> marketing document or that the technical part doesn't need to be as
> correct as it can be. But it needs to be written for poor fools like
> me who haven't lived, breathed, and eaten topic maps continuously for
> three months running.

James, thanks for a breath of if not sanity at least pragmatism.

No one is advocating that the UML diagrams be eliminated from the spec.
The Dallas AG voted unanimously to place them in an Annex.

Should any other CM material be placed in the text of the standard? To
that, the answer can only be, "it depends" on the quality of what is
submitted and the ease with which it can be integrated.

If the editors have before them any such material, or even a date
(sometime in the next two weeks) when this material is going to be
delivered, I don't know about it. To take the limit case, if the
material arrives on 11/30, will it be included? "Forget about it!", as
a New Yorker would say.

S.

=====
<!-- "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
     - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations -->

http://calendar.yahoo.com/

eGroups eLerts