Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] UML-readers and DTD-readers

>  > Please folks don't underestimate the number of potential
>  > implementers and users who do read UML, and may well find
>  > it a lot easier to read than the DTD. I'd like the spec to
>  > reach both kinds of people & speak clearly to them.
>
> As an "outsider" who is a potential user/implementer of
> XTM, I would like to point out that I have found the UML
> diagrams invaluable (even with the current minimal prose)
> when explaining XTM to my colleagues, most of whom are
> uncomfortable with DTDs. In this part of the world at
> least, the number of people who grok UML is far greater
> than the number of DTD-savvy folk.

No one is arguing, so far as I know, that UML diagrams should not be in
the spec. In Dallas, the AG voted unanimously to place the UML diagrams
in an Annex, and I'm a little unclear on why that discussion is being
re-opened now.

And clearly, whatever other purpose they may serve, the UML diagrams
are good solely considered as persuasive artefacts.

S.

=====
<!-- "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
     - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations -->

http://calendar.yahoo.com/

eGroups eLerts