Subject: [xtm-wg] Re: XTM tag line

I want to encourage everybody to vote on our tagline at:

http://www.egroups.com/polls/xtm-wg/

You can vote for more than one.

For now, I think the main concern is to have something that we can use
immediately.  Unfortunately, this means that we didn't have time to
include many good ideas that came later.  Also - once an egroup poll is
started, the choices can't be modified.

I think the important thing to discuss now is which of the candidates we
should settle on.  We can do this by changing our votes - which is
allowed - and by explaining why we prefer one over the other.  If there
is a special issue, like changing "GPS for the Web" to "GPS for the
Information Universe", then I suppose we should "write-in" this to the
group, as some of us have been.

Given our participation, we should be ready to settle on whichever
candidate gets the most votes.

So far the results are:

8 Mapping the web
6 GPS for the Web
5 The Meaningful Web
3 Find your way through information to knowledge.
2 Untangling the Web
1 Subject-based power to exploit information assets
1 Making The Web Mean Something
1 Making irrelevant information disappear

Vote early and often! as they say in Chicago.  ;)
Andrius

eGroups eLerts