Subject: [xtm-wg] Conceptual model - Last opportunity for comment from CMS members

Here is the Conceptual Model explanation in full. I've had some comments on
the first part from Chris Angus (but not had time to act on more than one or
two of them). Further comments from CMS members and Matthew and Chris by the
end of today please, so I can work on a revised draft tomorrow and submit it
in time for the deadline of Wednesday evening that the editors have set.

As far as declared association templates are concerned, so far there is just
the Occurence template described. There are placeholders for Class Instance
and Class Subclass. I need to do the formal syntactic declarations of these
templates, also by the deadline of tomorrow evening.

 <<2001120.drm.ConceptualModel.zip>>

We also need to relate the Name Variant construct in the syntax to the
conceptual model. This has not yet been done. In a separate message to the
syntax subgroup and Steve Pepper and Graham, I have proposed a way of doing
this. Graham has commented on it, but the syntax group has not yet come back
on this issue. We urgently need a conversation between the subgroup
responsible for syntax (Steve, Michel, Murray and Sam) and the subgroup
responsible for conceptual model (Graham and myself) to establish how this
will be done. I'll phone people later today to try and make progress on
this.

Daniel

Daniel Rivers-Moore
Director of New Technologies