Subject: [xtm-wg] Better metaphor than GPS

I am (so far) the only one - I think - to vote for "Put Meaning In,
Get Knowledge Out ". I'll defend it - it's not mine, but wish it was.
It sounds well, and I like the "machine" metaphor. You have to put
something meaningful in to get something more valuable out. Maybe it
less marketing, but more realistic. Put two ounces of meaning when
you choose your topics and associations, and get tons of knowledge
out of it.

I second Jim Mason not to limit TM to the Web applications. Intranet
applications are IMO a great market to aim to, and my hunch is TM
tools will go further than the managing the Web.

GPS is too weak an image. Finding where you are is just a part of
building knowledge. Whatever Jack says about meat and processors,
it's knowledge which is engaged.

Have fun counting down the votes !

Bernard

eLerts