Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] The GPS of the Web

Hi,

Please feel free to use my "the GPS for the Web" tagline to promote the topic
map concept. You also have my permission to attribute it to me if that will help
the cause.

Steve's recollection of how I came to coin the phrase is correct, except for one
detail. Where he says:

|At one point, he made the
|observation, "Oh, I get it, it's kinda like a GPS for the Web..."

I recall the tenor of my remark as more of a diplomatic suggestion, like:

"Maybe you inarticulate techno-babblers could finally get earth people to
understand what you are talking about if you call it 'the GPS for the Web'".

Either way, I still think it's the right think to do ... you can explain the
deeper implications after you've got 'em hooked.

Best regards,

Charles

--
©2000 Charles F. Goldfarb * 13075 Paramount Court * Saratoga CA 95070 * USA
   Websites: www.XMLTimes.com, www.XMLbooks.com * Tel: +1(408)867-5553

eGroups eLerts