Subject: [xtm-wg] ANNOUNCE: xslt 4 tm 2 xtm

Hi All,

Several days I spent writing transformation XSLT
scripts that can convert existing  ISO 13250 Topic Map documents into XTM
1.0 syntax.

Results of my work are available at:
http://www.cogx.com/xslt4tm2xtm.htm

It appeared to be quite a time consuming job due to
1) differences in the DTD-s and addressing schemas used in different
documents.
2) pre-release fluctuations in the XTM 1.0

I am doing this absolutely free for the community and hope this will
help you as well.

However in the end we have 10 XTM sample documents
compliant with XTM 1.0 DTD. (1.14)
(checked with XMetal and Xerces)

Original documents were donated to the public domain
by InfoLoom, Ontopia, Kal (Techquila), Empolis and Cogitech (myself).

XSLT scripts created and used for the transformation are freely available.

Please fill free to use them if your Topic Map documents
were written under the influence of one of the above mentioned styles.
I hope that this work will help interchange XTM documents
and the XSLT scripts can serve as filters for the existing Topic Maps
engines.

If you change XSLT scripts, please send me a copy so that I can keep track
of it.

Many thanks to Graham Moore,  Soelwin Oo and Sam Hanting for help
and special thanks to Michel Biezunski and Kal Ahmed for
reviewing some material.

PS
I noticed that there is a new XTM 1.0 DTD posted
I will be updating files on the page and try to keep them in sync
as new XTM 1.0 DTD versions announced.

Nikita.

Nikita Ogievetsky, Cogitech Inc.
http://www.cogx.com