Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] Proposal for Chris Angus to be Invited Guest to XTM Authoring Gro up

Michel

My reference to political considerations and time deadlines was a reference
to the US Supreme Court, which handed down a 5-4 majority decision, where
all 5 on one side were Republicans and all 4 on the other side were
Democrats. ... And one of the reasons for not counting all the votes was
lack of time.

I am fully aware of the need to produce timely deliverables, and to build an
industry, and to achieve marketing goals, and all the rest of that important
and good stuff. But we also need to meet the needs of that industry and that
market by delivering a spec that has resolved, to the best degree possible,
the technical issues that need to be addressed in order to meet the
requirements of that industry and that market.

We had committed to delivering a spec for Washington. Therefore there was
time pressure. We are now in a review period, and time pressure is less. All
I am saying is let's use the review period to review, and do that review
based on the issues, not on predetermined positions.

As I said in an earlier message, I will be presenting my view on the
outstanding issues in a message to this group as soon as I can (I'm hoping
to do this within 48 hours).

Kind regards

Daniel