Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Suggestion for leaving e-groups

Michel Biezunski wrote:

> > I've no particular affinity/affiliation with any list server, but suggest
> > http://www.freelists.org/ which seems "correct" from both technical and
> > philosophical viewpoints (free, no adds, clean web-based archives
> > etc ...).
> > volunteer to create, manage and moderate if necessary this new list. Other
> > suggestions are indeed welcome !
>
> Before you do that you should make sure to copy all archives to the new
> mailing list, because we don't want the archive to be spread out all over
> the place.

For Bernard it would probably be easier the other way round:

First we leave egroups (an idea which I personally support), then he
has all the time in the world to move the contents.

Otherwise he would need a more sophisticated migration process. I could
live
without a consolidated archive for a week.

I suspect we need an email poll, in case there is more interest in the
move.

\rho