Subject: [xtm-wg] RE: Bernard Vatant now an invited guest to XTM

Thanks to all, and particular thanks to Jack that pushed my candidature
with such enthusiasm :)

I somehow understand anyway Steve Pepper's concern about the time not being
the best one to step into the group.
Having already too many different viewpoints, adding one more is maybe at
risks to slow the needed convergence and agreement process. OTOH "external"
intervention sometimes helps a group to find consensus.
Anyway, to reinsure him and maybe other ones remembering how easily I can
drift to the "being more meta than you" debate : my involvement there is
grounded on pedagogical and communication preoccupations. I'm well aware
the time is to be pragmatic and consolid what has been agreed on, to build
a solid, coherent and understandable core. I will keep on this "clarity"
ground : whatever we agree on now for such or such "detail" conceptual
point is less important than to make crystal clear what has been agreed on,
for both ourselves and users through specification syntax and prose.

BTW : I confirm I'll attend the Paris meeting  ;-)

Bernard Vatant
bernard@universimmedia.com
www.universimmedia.com
"Building Knowledge"