Subject: [xtm-wg] Proposal to invite Laurent as a guest in XTM

I would like to propose that Laurent Olivry be invited at the next meeting.
As you will see in the note he sent me, Laurent is working at EDF. EDF has
been the first company to invest in topic maps-based projects as early as
1993, and has founded the early work done in the CApH committee that has
given rise to the ISO Topic Maps standard.

Laurent is working in the very same group that has been involved then. I am
very
happy that there is a continuing interest at EDF for development in this
direction, both
theoretically as well as for implementing systems. And I would be very happy
to get
positive answers for admitting Laurent as an inviting guest. Laurent has the
possibility
to become a participating member -- it's not because the meeting is in Paris
that he is
able to come -- and I strongly urge the group to vote in favor of admitting
him.

Michel (mb@infoloom.com)
Message that I received from Laurent Olivry:

I'm working at EDF (Electricite de France) in the Research Division in
Paris. EDF is an international utility company which was working for several
years in the development of applications using SGML and has a role in the
emergence of the topic maps.

I'm a research engineer, my technical background is system design
(Definition and implementation of an Object Oriented Model for Configuration
Management, multidimensional versioning model of Nuclear PowerPlant CAD data
in a PDM System). I've got a good knowledge UML, XML/XSLT/RDF... MOF, Corba,
and I ,ve looked closely to the Topic Maps since last June for representing
multi-version data configuration graphs and multi-level models.

	I ,m in charge of a Mobile Intranet Project and I ,m actively participating
to an internal XML-Core Project.

I think my technical knowledge in model design, my industrial experience and
some perspective ideas could be interesting for the XTM group.

This is why I would like to participate to the XTM group.

I hope to be able to participate to the next meeting in Paris from january
the 19th to the 21th.

		Sincerely

			Laurent

If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact me :

		Laurent OLIVRY

		EDF-R&D
		MTI-NTIC
		1 av du General de Gaulle
		92141 Clamart
		FRANCE

		email : Laurent.Olivry@edf.fr
		tel   : +33 1 47 65 34 24

Michel Biezunski, InfoLoom
Tel +33 1 44 59 84 29 Cell +33 6 03 99 25 29
Email: mb@infoloom.com  Web: www.infoloom.com