Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Proposal to invite Laurent as a guest in XTM

At 19:58 12/01/01 +0100, Michel Biezunski wrote:
>I would like to propose that Laurent Olivry be invited at the next meeting.

The Paris meeting is NOT the place for new invited guests, unless
they have been intimately involved in the work up to now. The XTM
spec is not finished, it has a number of serious bugs and
inconsistencies, and there is major dissent in the existing AG.
There are also some people who feel that process has been abused
and that issue also needs to be cleared up during the meeting.
New guests cannot contribute usefully on any of these issues.

Furthermore, I object to having to vote for someone I don't know
merely on the basis of a CV and somebody else's recommendation.
This list has been open to the whole world ever since its inception;
it is my feeling that anyone who believes they can contribute at
a meeting should start out by contributing to the email discussion.

I urge other participating members to join me in voting No to this
and similar proposals.

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Technology Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Information Association)