Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] Status of Core Deliverables document

> [steve pepper]
> > A number of the comments on the Review Specification urge (minor)
> > changes to the DTD which is also contained in the Core Specification,
> > so we really need to know at an early date whether the DTD is now
> > cast in stone or not.
> >
> > Could the editors, and others, please make their position known?
>
> Well, "never say never" -- so I'm uncomfortable with "cast in stone."
> But my view is that the bar for changes should be set almost
> prohibitively high.
>
> I would also like some consideration to be given to versioning issues
> for the DTD, so that we can have discussions that include the idea that
> a change might not be possible for 1.0 but would be possible and
> beneficial in 2.0 (for example).

Why put off till later what can be fixed now ? If there is general consensus
(and that is a big if) that something is wrong, what possible benefit is
there in forcing users to wait till the next DTD upgrade, and so allowing
the buildup of 'legacy' 1.0 XTM documents ? If something is wrong, fix it
now.

Cheers,

Kal