Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Need more votes for inviting new guests

Michel Biezunski wrote:

> Here is my record of your answers for inviting David Steinberg
> and Laurent Olivry.
> Please note that David Steinberg will not attend the Paris meeting,
> but may come to Austin if he is invited.
>
> Please check if your vote has been recorded. If it has been forgotten,
> let me know. If you have not voted yet, please do it as soon as possible,
> if you are a voting participating member even if you are not attending the
> next meeting.
>
> In favor of David Steinberg:
[...]
> In favor of Laurent Olivry:
[...]
> 6 in favor, 1 opposed, 1 abstention.

Regarding inclusion of David Steinberg and Laurent Olivry, I must abstain
given that I have neither seen the justifications nor perhaps spent the
time reading them if they have been posted. If the latter is the case,
my apologies. I have no personal reasons why either should be excluded
from participating in the Austin meeting, but absent further knowledge
of their backgrounds I also cannot conscientiously vote in their favour.
Perhaps if there is still time, someone could forward information on
their behalf.

Murray

Murray Altheim                            <mailto:altheim&#x40;eng.sun.com>
XML Technology Center
Sun Microsystems, Inc., MS MPK17-102, 1601 Willow Rd., Menlo Park, CA 94025

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu