Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] xtm.org? Domain for sale?

At 06:14 25.01.01 -0500, Patrick Durusau wrote:
>I stumbled across a domain registration service offering xtm.org as a
>domain for sale. See:
><http://www.domainia.co.uk/auction/domrefer.php?dref=www.xtm.org>http://www.domainia.co.uk/auction/domrefer.php?dref=www.xtm.org
>
>Should we contact them about our use of this name?

I will contact them and see what I can find out. They are asking
people to make offers in an Auction.

If the AG thinks it would be good for TopicMaps.Org to own this
domain name (and I certainly do), the question is, what are we
prepared to pay for it?

I'm not sure we should discuss dollars in this list, but I'd like
to get a sense of the PM's feelings about the following idea:

- How about offering them a mention as donator of the domain name
and a link to their web site for a certain period (e.g. 12 months)
if they donate the domain name to TopicMaps.Org?

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Technology Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3  Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps)