Subject: [xtm-wg] Reification

The defintional phrase:

 "Reification is a process through which a computable/addressable object - a
resource - is created in a system, as a proxy for a non
computable/addressable object"

is perfect.

This phrase is consistant with the stratified complexity theory (something
like Complex Adaptive Systems, but with a few admendments) that I and others
claim allows the grounding of topic map (or other generic ontology
representation) to be grounded in a model that is consistant with
experimental work on human memory and anticipatory systems.

I will discuss this further at the Knowledge Technologies 2001 conference,
where I hope to establish some formal linkage between basic research of
process of natural reification and the notion of reification that the
committee is putting forth.

For me, one of the core issues is the representation of knowledge structures
without getting too perplexed about the so called generative rules that
create knowledge or that allows the experience of knowledge.  My group feels
that the notion of generative rules has been over simplified in the expert
system literature and that one needs a formative computaitonal process like
evolutional programming to better model the consequences of human formative
cognition.

Dr. Paul Prueitt
Director BCNGroup.org
Founder ontologyStream.com
Knowledge Scientist at Acappella Software

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details