Subject: [xtm-wg] [010210 Spec]XLink or Xpointer

Hello,

I have read the most recent version of the XTM specification and was
delighted to read such a clear description of what this is all about.
Wonderful.

However, I have some reservation about the use of XLink in places like
rescourceRef.  XLink in the form of
http://www.foo.com/somedoc.html#here requires that the document
somedoc.html actually has a anchor with the name "here", or possibly
an element with the id value here.  On the other hand, as far as I
understand, XPointer delivers the same kind of functionality by
constructing a path into the document (admittedly, this works best
with XML or XHTML documents), without the requirement of having the
target expressed in the document.

Would it be possible to alternatively also allow the XPointer syntax?

All the best,

Christian Wittern

--

 Dr. Christian Wittern