Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] An XTM test suite

Steve wrote:

But the idea of developing multiple models worries me,
too:

(1) Multiple standard models offer huge opportunities
    for conflicts between them, which will be very bad
    for global knowledge interchange.  One or more
    supergeniuses, fluent in all of the modeling
    paradigms, will have to keep it all in their heads,
    and we will all have to trust them to discover and
    resolve all the conflicts and holes.  I know we
    have several such supergeniuses in the XTM AG, but
    this will be a burdensome role, even for them.

(2) Who has time to achieve such an ambitious program
    of work within a reasonable (i.e. awfully short)
    amount of time?  Do we have to publish all of the
    models at the same time, or can each be published
    when it's ready?  Etc.

I agree that the time to get them all done could end in none happening. My
thinking was that this approach would do exactly what you suggested -
maximise mind share and robustly enable knowledge interchange. My gut
feeling is that - given the attempts so far to get a isness model of XTM (I
refer to the original proc model of steve and also work done by Luis) that
we can express the model in all of the formalisms that I presented. Thus, I
a put forward a suggestion that we make decisions on a core model i.e. the
base model and then we maintain the  additional models in sync.

All the models need to say the same truth its just how we expresses it can
be different.

cheers

graham

This message has been checked for all known viruses, by Star Internet,
delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.
For further information visit:
http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details