Subject: [xtm-wg] Q: Topic Merging loosing identity

Hi,

In the current XTM version I read in the small print (;-) of
F.5.1 postcondition 7 that the original topics will have disappeared
after the merging process.

Here I have federated maps referencing each other by

  tm://server.where.map.is.hosted/map/../path#topic-id

I have to rely on the fact that any topic is STILL ADDRESSABLE
even though due to some esoteric background merging process
(which cannot/should not be controlled on the outside) topics have
been merged.

What I find here a little bit confusing is the what-you-write-is-not
what-you-get-and-it-can-change-without-any-warning syndrom.

I think I will exergete item 7 as:

  7. A and B no longer exist as topics as though the processing
     application might use A's and B's id as alias for the newly
     created topic.

\rho

PS: Reading F.5.2, item 4 gives me a little bit the feeling that I
    am reimplementing something already existing...hmm (thoughts
suppressed).

PPS: BTW: the topicMap tag has a typo in the examples there.

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kWP7PD/pYNCAA/4ihDAA/2n6YlB/TM