Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Conceptual Model

Sam Hunting wrote:

> I've heard rumors to the effect that there is an ISO effort underway to
> formalize a conceptual model for topic maps. Is this rumor correct? Can
> someone in the know clarify?

The rumors are correct. Daniel Rivers-Moore is adopting the XTM
conceptual model as an ISO technical report (TR). The
intention of this initiative was to have the same (!) conceptual
model for XTM and ISO TMs available with an ISO document number
- that's it.

I assume that Daniell and SteveP can tell us a little bit more.
Esp. about the status of the TR.

--Holger

--
H. Holger Rath <holger.rath@empolis.com>
empolis content management GmbH

Find software faster. Search more than 20,000
software solutions on KnowledgeStorm. Register
now and get started.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ee3V2C/RNSCAA/2h4EAA/2n6YlB/TM