Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Conceptual Model

* Sam Hunting

| That seems to be the area in which a number of people are converging,
| especially when you consider that each node could have a property
| explaining which other nodes it was connected to.

I believe it would also have another advantage in that it could have
properties which would _not_ be nodes, and many of those properties
would in fact be very important from an implementation point of view.

* Lars Marius Garshol

| Since none of the currently available formalisms seem to be accepted
| by a sufficiently large audience, perhaps the approach taken by the
| XML Infoset, which essentially has no formalism, would be the best.

* Sam Hunting

| I have a little more faith in the people and the process than that.

What do you mean? I haven't said anything about either the people or
the process above.

| Further, I think a formalism is critical for our "clients" and for
| interoperabilty.

Note that by 'formalism' I mean 'a well-defined schema language
defined by some external authority'. EXPRESS would, I think, be an
excellent choice, if it were not for the problem that so few people
know it.

| Since XML 1.0 and also XTM have a bulleted list of requirements, I
| think we can follow their lead. Why don't you put such a bulleted
| list together and post it to the main list?

I would be very happy indeed to do so. I hope to have a draft ready
later today.

--Lars M.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/n4HqaC/DMUCAA/4ihDAA/2n6YlB/TM