Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] Conceptual Model

I won't address the technical details, but what I am encouraging from an ISO
perspective is that we collect as many model components as necessary
(conceptual, processing,  . . .). We ought to try (for a whole bunch of
reasons) to make them work for both 13250 and XTM. If, in the process of
developing the models, we discover that either 13250 or XTM needs to be
changed, then we should use the appropriate processes. I have suggested to
the ISO editors that ISO is the place to publish such models, since the work
is all supposedly based on something that started in ISO. We already have a
mechanism for publishing models in ISO (formal Technical Reports). If the
models actually wind up modifying 13250, there alre also mechanisms for
doing that. (And both TRs and Amendments/Technical Corrigenda can move much
faster than the adoption of a new standard). Certainly we want to keep the
models aligned in ISO and XTM, and there are already mechanisms in place for
doing that. Since Daniel's work has already started on the formal path in
ISO, the mechanisms are already turning.

Jim Mason

James David Mason, Ph.D.

(Chairman ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34)
http://www.y12.doe.gov/sgml/sc34
Y-12 National Security Complex
Bldg. 9113, Room 337I
P.O. Box 2009, M.S. 8208
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-8208

+1 865 574 6973

Find software faster. Search more than 20,000
software solutions on KnowledgeStorm. Register
now and get started.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ee3V2C/RNSCAA/2h4EAA/2n6YlB/TM