Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Re: The Future of TopicMaps.Org

*Grunt* yourself !!!!

I agree in the great lines on your analysis of the present situation, and am
scared as well of any capitalization of common nouns - which is the basis of
ideology and hence the beginning of trouble - and would prefer to ask to
everyone using the term: "What do you mean by *a* semantic web?". OTOH
people don't know what it is, but looking for it, they find all sorts of
nice ways and smart tools. It's like "human rights" or "democracy" or
"sustainable development", what I call fertile utopias. "Bag" is not a
flattery name for that kind of things ... maybe "attractor" would be a more
fair one ...

Anyway, if I had to answer the question ... [herr ... cough]

"A semantic web is a web in which basic resources are not documents, but
(reified) statements about (reified) subjects."

Bernard

[BV]
> > Did you read this article and does not it somehow address your question?
> > http://www.scientificamerican.com/2001/0501issue/0501berners-lee.html

[Murray]