Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] An Approach to the Semantic Web

>But, Holger, isn't this just half of what Danny asks for? He would
>have to write the code that reads his input data (whatever that may
>be) and creates topics and associations from those data, wouldn't he?
>
>--Lars M.

I appreciate your concern, given the excessive amount of time I already
spend coding ;-) Although I'm not familiar with XTM yet (and haven't played
with k42 yet) I've been looking at RDF quite a bit, and the building and
populating of an ontological structure doesn't look too desperate, compared
to the difficulties that surround building agents to make use of the
information. Has much work come to fruition in the area?
I'm assuming of course there are parallels between the RDF and the XTM
approaches to metadata - Eric's suggestion a few posts ago about TMs being
"serialized" into the RDF model (perhaps "atomized" or even "canonicalized"
would be a better term) sounds promising.
Anyway, I've got some coding to do...

---
Danny Ayers
http://www.isacat.net