Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] core.xtm

* Eric Freese

| Only the DTD at this point goes to ISO.  The XTM spec itself would
| remain with TopicMaps.Org (possibly published as an OASIS technical
| report?)

Publishing the XTM spec as an OASIS report I don't think is a very
good idea. At some point the ISO standards will have to be extended to
define the semantics of the XTM soon-to-be-added to 13250, and it
would be better if we didn't then have another standard that people
have to relate to as well.

I think the current XTM spec should stay online where it is, however,
as documentation of the DTD, and that it should be deprecated once the
ISO standard is extended. The ISO standard should of course also do
its damnedest to remain in sync with the XTM spec.

--Lars M.