Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] core.xtm

* Eric Freese

| I'm not saying that any more work will be done on the spec, other
| than possible errata.  Only that TopicMaps.Org will continue to be
| the custodian of it until the ISO standard has incorporated XTM
| fully.

This I agree with. I just think it is important that the waters are
not muddied in any way. If the spec stays where it is and as it is
it will be obvious to everyone that the ISO standard is the real
standard. If TopicMaps.Org issues an OASIS tech report things are no
longer as clear, and I don't see much gain in it when the thing will
become an ISO standard anyway.

| At that point, certain portions of the spec might move toward more
| of a white paper format or whatever seems appropriate.

Actually, I think the spec should at that point be deprecated, so that
the ISO standard is the only standard to which people must relate.

--Lars M.