Subject: [xtm-wg] Re: shared views of a community

Paul's insightful message provoked some of the concerns I have been
having with Topic Maps.  I think it will be very worthwhile for some
of us, perphaps a handful people having the passion of investigating
how TM paradigm can be applied for information/knowledge sharing in a
CoP setting.  Now, the question I have is what will be the best way
to do that:

--- In xtm-wg@y..., "Paul Prueitt" <bcngroup@e...> wrote:
> The community of practice (Com-Prac@y... ) e-forum has
> individuals who can easily develop mid to long term value
propositions for a
> private investment in such a project
> [...]
> Perhaps initial comments could be sent to Com-Prac since this is the
> community where new areas of application of the Topic map paradigm
might be
> made.  Then a separate forum can be created if we decide to move
forward.

I am not familiar with Com-Prac and e-form.  I am relunctant to just
send a message to an e-mail address not knowing who/what is at the
other end.

> I am sure that this discussion is NOT of interest to everyone.  So
perhaps a
> new forum will be created - to bring together a intra community
discussion
> and perhaps to define a project where-by some topic map tools are
shown to
> non-computer scientists who have an interest in where topic maps
fit as a
> knowledge sharing technology.

Those are good topics to prime the discussion.  Can we just start
right here, assuming nobody would object?

Regards,

Scott Tsao
The Boeing Company