Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Fixing language.xtm and country.xtm

At 09:19 25.06.2001 -0700, Murray Altheim wrote:
>I note that we've even had resolutions in this group that have passed
>that have not been acted on, such as the seemingly unanimous decision
>to put the names of the original editors of the XTM 1.0 Specification
>back into the spec where they belong. That five minutes of work has
>not occurred yet either.

The reason nothing happened is that we were unable, despite repeated
attempts, to elicit the permission of Steve N. and Michel.

Since various people (yourself included) had threatened legal action
at one time or another, Eric Freese and I decided not to proceed until
we had that permission. I believe Eric invited Jack Park (who proposed
the original motion) to try and get it.

We are still waiting.

In my opinion, we should do nothing more with XTM until the new OASIS
member section has constituted itself.

If you have revised versions of the two documents, why not
publish them on your web site (as drafts) and let's have an open
discussion about them along with Lars Marius' comments.

That would be a useful and constructive contribution to the work that
the OASIS member section will be discussing in August.

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Executive Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3  Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps)