Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] New language.xtm and country.xtm proposals

Hi Lars Marius,

Thanks for this valuable work. I hope we could approve both
in Montréal.

But I have a comment (in fact dealing with a simlar issue).

You wrote:
> ... snip ...
>
> - the topic for language-code has been replaced by a topic for
>    language, so that there now exists a well-defined PSI for language
>
> ... snip ...
>
>  - the topic for country-code has been replaced by a topic for
>    country, so that there now exists a well-defined PSI for country

We discussed this in length in Austin and the group drew to the conclusion
that we cannot define what the language and what the country subjects are.
Furthermore, the subjects defined in language.xtm and country.xtm are no languages
and no contries; the subjects are the codes ISO defined for some languages
and countries. That is why we had the topics language-code and country-code
and my feeling is that they are correct (from a philosophical point of view).

Sorry, to tell you that at this late point in time, but I thought
SteveP would remind you.

Cheers,
--Holger

--