Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] books?

[Danny Ayers]

> >> I was wondering if anyone knew of any books (remember those?)
> >that covered
> >> topic maps in reasonable depth. I can find nothing at any of the usual
> >> online booksellers.
> >>

> >There's the new Wrox book - you have some involvement in it!-
Professional
> >XML Meta Data, that has some material.  I wouldn't say it's really
> >in depth.
> >but it's a start.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Tom P
>
> Great! - that'll save a few quid. I've not actually seen any parts of the
> book I wasn't involved with - the complementary copies went to a friend's
in
> the uk, as I was in the process of moving to Italy.
>
> Thanks,
> Danny.
>
> PS. Is it any good?

Actually, it is pretty good.  There's a chapter on Topic Maps and XTM, and
another chapter that talks about automatic Topic Map construction, RDF
compared with Topic Maps, and using both RDF and TM in the same document.
This second chapter is rather cursory about these subjects, but that's to be
expected at this stage of the game.  These chapters were written by Kal,
weren't they?

Tom P

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!