Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] books?

> [Danny Ayers]

> > >that covered
> the usual
> > >>

> > >There's the new Wrox book - you have some involvement in it!-
> Professional
> > >XML Meta Data, that has some material.  I wouldn't say it's really
> > >in depth.
> > >but it's a start.
> > >
> > >Cheers,
> > >
> > >Tom P
> >
> > Great! - that'll save a few quid. I've not actually seen any
> parts of the
> > book I wasn't involved with - the complementary copies went to
> a friend's
> in
> > the uk, as I was in the process of moving to Italy.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Danny.
> >
> > PS. Is it any good?
> >

> Actually, it is pretty good.  There's a chapter on Topic Maps and XTM, and
> another chapter that talks about automatic Topic Map construction, RDF
> compared with Topic Maps, and using both RDF and TM in the same document.
> This second chapter is rather cursory about these subjects, but
> that's to be
> expected at this stage of the game.  These chapters were written by Kal,
> weren't they?

Glad you like it! :-)

The automatic generation stuff and the comparison of XML metadata standards
(RDF, topic maps, RDDL etc) was my constribution. The (interesting) text on
combining topic maps and RDF in a single file was from another contributor.

Cheers

Kal

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide: "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/n7RbFC/zhwCAA/yigFAA/2U_rlB/TM