Subject: [xtm-wg] On the integration of Topic Maps and RDF

Hi all,

please excuse cross-postings of this. I have been on the lists for a while,
but I never introduced myself: my name is Martin Lacher, I am with the
Stanford database group and I do research in the Semantic Web area.

I presented a paper "on the integration of Topic Maps and RDF" at last
week's Semantic Web Workshop at Stanford and would like to hear your opinion
on our approach to this problem. You can download the paper at
http://www.semanticweb.org/SWWS/program/full/paper53.pdf. We provide a way
to make Topic Map sources RDF-queriable by exchanging one layer in a layered
data model stack. The exchanged layer is the layer on which both are
represented as a graph; we use TMPM4 as a Topic Map graph representation.
Our approach complies with what Graham Moore has termed in his XML Europe
paper "modeling the model".

I will also talk about this approach at Extreme Markup next week in
Montreal.

Martin

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!