Subject: RE: [topicmaps-comment] RE: Let's introduce ! [Re: test of OASIS list]

I am an individual who feels that knowledge technology should be grounded in
all of the sciences - and not merely a question of computer science.

My training is as a mathematician (topology, number theory, neural networks
and theoretical immunology), and my current work is in distributed
techniques for the identification of cyber warfare communities from hacker
log files.

I guess I do not spend a lot of time on humor and stuff, I hope this is ok.
I am a serious person but not one who is without feelings.

I happen to be on the Knowledge Technologies 2002 Board of Advisors and have
made a personal commitment to bringing a knowledge management / systems
theory component to this conference next March.

My work is at:

http://www.bcngroup.org/area3/pprueitt/book.htm

I founded BCNGroup.org in 1997 with two colleagues and a company called
OntologyStream this year.

I am interested in a theory of gestures that has both a role for internal
endophysics and external exophysics, and have created the term "stratified
complexity" (I think).

****

Please excuse the cross posting.  As a curtsy to those in forums who
interests in this message might be outside the forum's scope, please do not
use the cc list to reply.

Please forward this announcement to others as you see appropriate.

Replies and discussions can be made to

stratifiedcomplexity@yahoogroups.com

which is an **new** open forum that can be joined at:

This forum will remain open from now until after the conference (March
11-14, 2002 in Seattle).

***

The Knowledge Technologies 2002 Conference

www.knowledgetechnologies.net

will have one day long Tutorial and one, or more, sessions in the areas
supporting an inquiry into those sciences that support understanding human
knowledge sharing.

Areas of interest are:

1) the nature of public and private experience of knowledge
2) the problems related to encoding both private and public knowledge into
artifacts (computer programs, natural language or other)
3) the issues of change management when knowledge technology is implemented
4) the definition of knowledge technology (such as the definition of a
knowledge portal)
5) sociology of knowledge sharing and community boundaries
6) the neuropsychology of knowledge experience
7) action perception cycles and autopoiesis
8) component design and object design that takes into account the complexity
of human knowledge sharing
9) concepts about possible "knowledge operating systems"
10) general systems theory
11) new computational processes that aggregate and project knowledge
artifacts
12) application of extreme programming philosophy to knowledge projection
technologies

In some cases, the BCNGroup will have travel support for accepted papers.
Conference presenters will receive a complimentary conference registration
(from the organizers..  www.gca.org)

Calling something "knowledge science" must be done with some degree of
reflection - as it is controversial as to what knowledge science might
constructively mean. Calling on the science community seems reasonable.

The "knowledge science" tutorial will be run by Dr. Peter Kugler and one or
more scientists.  The objective of the tutorial is to identify the
ecological knowledge management paradigm (as an extension of the academic
disciplines of ecological physics and ecological psychology) and both the
paradigms of complex adaptive systems and stratified complexity.