Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] RE: Let's introduce ! [Re: test of OASIS list]

Bernard Vatant <b.vatant@wanadoo.fr> said:
> 2. Maybe it should be good if people who were subscribed "automatically" out
> of xtm-wg list, and others, take a few minutes to say "hello, I'm still
> there, ...

Hi,

This is \rho (aka Robert Barta) and I'm still tuned in.

I'm currently teaching at Bond University, Australia, Internet Technologies
and web application development and I'm in some projects around "business
models and application infrastructures for Topic Maps". Due to my european
education and inclination towards formalisms I'm also interested in Topic Map
query languages and semantics and try to be helpful there.

Some things (not everything) we have produced in the TM area you may find
(modulo network problems) at

  http://topicmaps.bond.edu.au/

I published the Perl/CPAN XTM::base package a while ago and plan to wrap up
the XTM::server in the next months. I currently experiment with a
Topic Map --> Presentation Slides converter, XTM::slide, which might see
public light anytime soon. Yes, it is about creating a slide show from
a backend Topic Map knowledge base.

My dream (which only slowly comes to reality due to my teaching activity)
is to run a Sparc-Linux Topic Map server cluster. Students who are interested
in a Ph.D. thesis might want to talk to us. It is not really ugly and cold here:

  http://www.bond.edu.au/campus/water.htm (view from my office)

We are, of course, also interested in industrial projects with companies
which want to deploy TM technologies.

\rho

--

Robert Barta, Dr. Dipl.-Ing. Assoc. Prof.
Bond University, Gold Coast