Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] Re: Let's introduce ! [Re: test of OASIS list]

> [Bernard Vatant:]
> > take a few minutes to say "hello, I'm still there,
> > I'll stay involved in TopicMaps.Org in such and such
> > a way, I'm representing such and such company,
> > organization, project ..." or "count me out, for
> > reasons x,y,z ..."

Hello topicmapers,

My name is Christian Wittern, I am working at Kyoto University.  My
main interest lies in the markup of texts, specifically Chinese
Buddhist Texts.  I discovered topic maps about a year ago and have
been pretty exited ever since, because topic maps seem to be able to provide a
layer complimentary to the inline markup, that allows the navigation
of large fulltext databases.

Currently, one of my pet projects (with, alas, very little progress)
is to implement a rudimentary Topic Map engine of top of the Zope Web
Application server[1].  This can be pretty lightweight, since it can
leverage a lot of Zope's built in features including the object
database, but I am not even at prototyping yet:-(

All the best,

Christian Wittern

[1] http://www.zope.org
--