Subject: Let's introduce ! [Re: test of OASIS list]

Eric :

> Since the OASIS list has been very quiet recently  ...

Some people have asked me too why this list was so silent, as if topic maps
people were wandering in the desert looking desperately for the road to
OASIS ... Maybe it is due time to do something about it, and namely for the
community to figure out what is its present configuration, members, task
force, etc ...

1. What about the minutes of Montréal meeting? Maybe I missed something, but
I don't remember seeing anything about it on this list. Those minutes would
be an occasion for people to express their comments/concerns for the future.
BTW who was in charge of the minutes ? not me I hope ;-)

2. Maybe it should be good if people who were subscribed "automatically" out
of xtm-wg list, and others, take a few minutes to say "hello, I'm still
there, I'll stay involved in TopicMaps.Org in such and such a way, I'm
representing such and such company, organization, project ..." or "count me
out, for reasons x,y,z ...". Those presentations would help people browsing
the archives to figure out what's going on - and would help me to feed and
update the semantopic map ;-)

Well. Suppose I have to eat my dog food. So what about me?

Bernard Vatant
- Consultant for Mondeca
- Main interest : collaborative knowledge tools for web communities.
- Topic Maps "true believer" - for about one year now.
- Coordinator of the semantopic map project. More at www.universimmedia.com
- Provisional chair since Montréal meeting for the to-be Published Subjects
Technical Committee, this TC being in the process of approval by OASIS
(provisional charter at http://www.doctypes.org/xtm/pstc/  - comments
welcome)

... think that will do ...

Next one please!