Subject: RE: [topicmaps-comment] RE: OASIS vs W3C

For the present, I guess I am the acting ISO/OASIS liaison in this area
(there are other liaisons in other areas). One of the things we need to
consider is how formal we want to have the liaison.

We can do informal liaison as much as we want by having joint membership and
sharing distribution of documents.

We can also establish formal liaison (as ISUG long ago did) by submitting a
request to SC34 (if we want to do that, I can work with Eric on proceedures)
and having ISO ballot it.

(Someone else should handle the W3C, someone from a company with
membership.)

It's up to the group.

Jim