Subject: RE: [topicmaps-comment] RE: OASIS vs W3C

W3C process is modeled (more or less) on ISO process. TMCL is out for ballot
on as a new work item. If that passes (and TMCL gets a number from it), then
it's at the point that W3C projects are at when they say it's time to start
getting contributions, holding meetings, etc. Actually, in ISO we compress
the first steps, so that we can push something through CD (Committee Draft)
status very quickly and get to DIS (Draft International Standard, ISO's
counterpart of the W3C's Candidate Recommendation) almost as fast as the
committee wants it. If the TMCL ballot passes, we could issue a DIS out of
the December meeting.

Jim Mason

James David Mason, Ph.D.

Y-12 National Security Complex