Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] xtm.xml in IE

"Using Microsoft is Fun - episode 545 683"

I have noted myself such strange behaviours of IE5, seeming to
correspond with installation of other XML software in the system,
namely XMetal. Remember installing *anything* under Windows
changes some system files, and e.g. those used by IE5 to parse
XML files ...

I sent an XTM file to a colleague, that IE5 opens perfectly on my
laptop, and that his IE5 refused to open, saying the style sheet is
absent ... It seems that XMetal generates its own style sheets that
seem to replace somehow the default (hidden) style sheet of IE5.
And there  are certainly some other weird hidden interferences.

Another example: since I installed XMetal, MS XMLNotepad
refuses to *save* perfectly well-formed and valid files. I got this
mysterious message when I try to save:

"unable to save: failure writing new data to object tree
Detailed COM Interface error : 80004005"

Say what, Bill ?

Bernard

Bernard Vatant - Consultant
bernard.vatant@mondeca.com