Subject: [topicmaps-comment] [sc34wg3] PMTM4 and XTM Layer 1.0

I second the sentiment that Thomas expresses about desiring a collection or
repository of topic maps from which we could test of programs and ideas.

I ask the members to have a look at a topic map, which I used in the WROX
book XML Meta Data, Ch 11. It is available at
ftp://ftp.wrox.com/professional/4516.zip
once unzipped open ch 11 and look at the data set called circuittm.xml.

That is a topic map which would be constructed using the tool I describe in
the book. What I would appreciate from the readers is a constructive
critique of that topic map. One of the things I would like to do in my work
is to have an SVG based diagram with embedded RDF and Topic Map meta data.
Topic maps which could be used to "understand" the picture (its contents, in
the ch 11 case it was an electronic circuit schematic) could be generated
from the SVG "diagram"/picture. At some point in time Iwould also like to
explore the opposite direction and that is to create an SVG dagram from a
topic map. (It would have to be pretty "rich", possibly like the "as much
graph as hierarchy" stated by Thomas.

Several people have asked for me to publish the "missing bits" from the
book. I have contacted WROX and they have said that's ok and so I am in the
process of making ready those chapter/parts on a website. I will
post the links as they become available. Thankyou for the interest.

cheers
David Dodds