Subject: [topicmaps-comment] XTM PSI for Class-Instance

Hello,

today I did take a look at the XTM-Specification again
because I was quite unsure how to make a
class-instance-association which is really equivalent
to the one defined by the <instanceOf> element. But
what I found in core.xtm on
http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/#coremap didn't explain
that to me. Normally I'd define a
class-instance-association in the following way:

<association>
  <instanceOf><topicRef
xlink:href="http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/core.xtm#class-instance"/></instanceOf>
  <member>
    <roleSpec><topicRef
xlink:href="http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/core.xtm#class"/></roleSpec>
    <subjectIndicatorRef xlink:href="#topicA"/>
  </member>
  <member>
    <roleSpec><topicRef
xlink:href="http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/core.xtm#instance"/></roleSpec>
    <subjectIndicatorRef xlink:href="#topicB"/>
  </member>
</association>

Now I found the following definition of class-instance
in core.xtm:

    <topic id="class-instance">
      <subjectIdentity>
        <subjectIndicatorRef
xlink:href="index.html#psi-class-instance"/>
        <subjectIndicatorRef
xlink:href="#psi-class-instance-description"/>
      </subjectIdentity>
      <baseName><scope><topicRef
xlink:href="language.xtm#en"/></scope>
        <baseNameString>class-instance
relationship</baseNameString>
      </baseName>
      <occurrence>
        <resourceData
id="psi-class-instance-description">
          Class-instance relationship: The core
concept of class-instance;
          the class of association that represents
class-instance
          relationships between topics, and that is
semantically
          equivalent to the use of &lt;instanceOf&gt;
subelements.
          URI:
http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/core.xtm#class-instance
        </resourceData>
      </occurrence>
    </topic>

It defines
'index.html#psi-class-instance' and
'#psi-class-instance-description'
as Subject Indicators but states that one should use
'http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/core.xtm#class-instance'
in its occurrence. Is that a bug? Why is that PSI not
included in the <subjectIdentity> Element? Which
Subject Indicator I should use now?

Mario.

Es ist soweit: das Nokia Game beginnt. Sei bereit für das multimediale Abenteuer. Melde dich bis zum 3. November bei http://de.promotions.yahoo.com/info/nokiagame an!