Subject: RE: [topicmaps-comment] Everchanging subjects [ Notions haveexistence...]

Regarding this discussion on the nature of what might be called machine
intelligence.

I agree with David's points.  The reason why I agree is because of a
literature about the nature of biological intelligence AND the observed
limitations (and failures) of the AI paradigm.

Having said this, I feel also that there is an computational approach that
will produce a type of situatednesswith topic maps.  The key is that the
topic maps must be constructed as a computationally emergent process and
have a second order process model that provides a set of constraints that
are due to both memory of invariance and anticipation of the causes involved
in a parallel reality in the non-addressable world.  So how does one create
computational memory.  Perhaps the new types of data aggregation?  What
about computational anticipation?

I have some software that trys to do this for cyber warfare, called SLIP
(Shallow link analysis, Iterated gather gather and Parcelation).  This work
will be published and made public domain.  I can share some of the early
papers and software if asked indidvidually.

But my attempts to create software is not important.  What is important is
that a stratified complexity paradigm be developed and adopted that has a
route to computational emergance.  This route, in my opinion can not be
completely made within a data structure using solely computational
processes.