Subject: RE: [topicmaps-comment] skills to create topic maps

[jean delahousse]
> Professional content editors have hundreds years of experience on
> content organisation for books, memento, encyclopedia, thesaurus so
> they can tell the result they want (at least as good as what they had

> in the paper publication.

Like Moliere's bourgeois gentilhomme, who remarked that "for more than
40 years I have been speaking prose without knowing it," these content
professionals have been creating topic maps without knowing it. I think
that one of the key skills in topic map creation is the ability to make
this tacit knowledge explicit. (This is very similar to some approaches
to content analysis and DTD development -- approaches that rely on
subject matter expertise.)

S.

=====
<!-- "Saving civilization through markup." -->