Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] which is the general topic maps discussiongroup?

Some precisions on Michel's answer about OASIS lists.

1. All OASIS lists have public archives available from
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/

2. The "topicmaps-comment" list
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/topicmaps-comment/
is in principle the follow-up of the (now closed) public forum of the XTM
Authoring Group, alias TopicMaps.Org.
It is not, I want to correct Michel on that, devoted mainly or only to Published
Subjects.
It should be used for whatever is relevant to the to-be OASIS Topic Maps Member
Section,
of which Charter and Statement of Purpose will be hopefully clear for public
after Orlando meeting.

There is also in principle a "topicmaps" list, in theory devoted to internal
questions of this Member Section.
But it seems to me that this list has been so far as (in)active as the Member
Section itself :(
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/topicmaps/ contains 0 message

3. In the same spirit, the Published Subjects Technical Committee has two lists:

-- a technical forum, where only TC members can post, but of which archives are
public
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tm-pubsubj/
-- an open list, for those non TC members who would like to bring input and
feedback
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tm-pubsubj-comment/

For example, there is an ongoing debate on the first one about Subject
Descriptor versus Subject Indicator, for which comments from the community are
most welcome (on the second one).
Generally speaking, I recall that all the TC work, minutes, docs and so on is
available from
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/index.shtml

Hope that helps

Bernard