Subject: [topicmaps-comment] German KM market survey covers topic maps

Hi,

I am more than pleased to report about a METAGROUP market survey
I received today. About 200 German companies of any size returned
a METAGROUP questionaire containing genernal knowledge
management questions but also some questions about XTM.

Here are the XTM relevant questions and answers (this is just
a rough translation):

- Do you know the listed KM standards?
  XTM:	19%
  RDF:	13%
  DAML:	 8%
  OIL:	 4%
  None of these standards is known: 79%

- If you are aware of XTM, what do you think about its importance
  for KM solutions?
  very important:	26%
  important:		29%
  average importance:	33%
  less important:	 3%
  not important:	 9%

- Do you think Topic Maps are a relevant KM technology?
  yes (as of today): 	36%
  yes (in the future):	27%

I see this as a success of Topic Maps in Germany!
I did not expected such answers.

I am *very* interested to see answers to this kind of questions
from companies in other contries or regions. Let's say
Scandinavia, BeNeLux, France, Eastern Europe, North America,
Asia/Pacific, etc.

Cheers,
--Holger

--